From regular mattress sizes, Twin is the smallest. Specific measurements vary according to the model, but most mattresses are 39 inches wide and 75 inches long. Twins may be suitable for adults and children alone, but this size is typically too small to sleep comfortably with two or more individuals. Also, individuals standing over 6 feet 2 inches are likely to be too tall for a mattress of twin sizes.
Choosing a twin over other mattress sizes has certain advantages. For one, twin sizes are typically the cheapest choices for any specific mattress type. Twins often occupy the least floor space and are ideal for those with smaller bedrooms.
Also Read: How to Choose a Mattress
With so many products and suppliers to choose from, the many mattress constituents are nice to know. It will be easier to search for a twin mattress once you’ve made a list of expectations and set a budget.
Here are our choices for the best twin mattress models amongst beds offered in this size—the options are based on a combination of study and review of items. We will also speak about various types of mattresses and essential considerations when purchasing a new mattress.
Disclaimer: We independently review all recommended products. If you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. For more details read our Affiliate Disclosure.
list of 9 best twin Mattress for Adults
1. Ashley Chime: Luxurious Hybrid Mattress- Twin – 12 Inch
- Twin size bed in a box
- Hybrid mattress:
- Twin size: Measures 12″ H x 74.5″ D x 38″W
- Ready for instant enjoyment:
2. Zinus: Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress 12-inch – Twin
- Memory Foam Green Tea-infused With a Light Poly Jacquard Cover
- The Right Combination
- Pressure Relieving Foams
- Certipur US Certified
- Expertly Packaged
- Worry-Free 10 Years Limited Warranty
3. Linenspa: 10 Inch Innerspring Hybrid Mattress Twin – Memoery foam
- A 10-inch hybrid mattress combines conventional innerspring with a traditional mattress.
- Confirm – A thick layer of memory foam.
- Compressed and delivered in a box.
- Available in a 12, 10, 8-inch profile.
- 10-year limited warranty.
4. Classic brands, Twin White Memory Foam 12-inch Mattress
- Sleep technology latest. Cool memory layer for temperature management.
- Waterfall edge shield with the top and charcoal four-way stretch
- High-density base foam, memory, and gel work together.
- High-quality foam memory suits the body. Cool gel controls the temperature.
- Hypoallergenic, of course.
- Feel – Medium-Plush.
- Warranty – 10 Years.
- Mattress rolled, compressed, and shipped in a box.
- More than 5500 – 5 Star Customer.
5. Perfect Cloud: Elegance Memory Foam Mattress – twin
- Design: 1-inch air-infused moisture on top of a 1.5-inch ventilated vapor foam. A 2-inch gel sheet.
- Better Sleep: Memory foam helps relieve nerve stress due to the traditional head, neck, and shoulder.
- Premium Cover: The best luxury textile stretch knit cover gives a luxurious appearance.
- Weightless Sleep Experience: Memory foam contours for your particular style of sleep and body form.
- 10-Years Warranty: CertiPUR-US certified.
- Dimensions: 38 x 75 x 12 inches.
6. Inofia: 10 Inch Hybrid Innerspring, Cool Twin Bed Supportive and Pressure Relief with Breathable Light Knitted Fabric Cover
- Body Conforming & Pressure Relieving – Seven individually enclosed zoned coils located at the center of the mattress. Certified comfort foam laid by CertiPUR-US.
- Breathable Mattress to Sleep On – The cool cover is made from soft knitted fabrics with dual layers that are super respiratory. The side air mesh promotes heat.
- More Vital Edge Support – The innerspring mattress has benefits such as more excellent isolation of motion, less noise, and longer life.
- Cool Bed in a Box – Inofia mattress twin has delivered in an easy-to-use box rolling, compressed and vacuum-sealed. It suits any frame, box spring, wood base.
- Warranty & Guaranty – Each Inofia mattress includes a 101 Night Sleep Trial. Our guarantee protects all manufacturing faults.
7. Molblly : Twin Mattress, 8-inch Foam Mattress in a box.
- Material & Construction
- Comfortable & Breathable
- Easy Shipping & Set-up
8. Inofia: Twin – 8-inch Innerspring Mattress- Hybrid Comfort Euro-top
- Pressure Relieving Comfort
- Sleep Soundly
- Healthy and Eco-Friendly
- Vacuum Roll Packed
9. TUFT & NEEDLE – White Original Twin Adaptive Foam Mattress
- Proven: More than a million people choose us every night. 95% of our customers maintain and enjoy their original T&N mattress.
- Proprietary foam: Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered with customer feedback and provides pressure relief where the most important thing is needed. An open-cell structure offers a versatile sleeping area that changes in the night.
- Cool Sleeping: T&N Adaptive foam is more potent than obsolete products like latex and memory foam.
- Free of Harmful Chemicals: Our GREENGUARD Gold and CertiPUR-US mattresses have accredited.
- Questions: Our professional customer service team will assist you with all hesitations, issues, or concerns you may have.
Twin Size Mattress Advantages
Because of their compact, narrow size, twin mattresses come at a lower price. Twin-size mattresses are suitable for studio and guest rooms for small living areas.
Children and older people usually sleep on twin mattresses. Single adults prefer to gravitate to larger sizes, such as whole, queen, or king sizes, but a twin is the right choice for those on a budget.
Twin versus Twin XL versus Full
If you determine the right mattress size, mostly if a bed built for a smaller room, you will note the difference in size between the three smallest mattress sizes — twin, twin XL and full.
Twin Mattress Size
A twin mattress is 75 inches by 38 inches and the smallest available regular mattress. Twin size intended for those below 6 ft 2 inches in height. They are also an excellent choice for children because they are remote compatible and fit developing bodies.
Twin size mattresses from various brands are widely available. Their size may allow room in a bedroom for more than one Bed.
1. Twin XL Mattress Size
A mattress of twin XL size is 38″ x 80″, about half the size of a king-size mattress. Twin XL beds are the same size as twin mattresses unless they are 5 inches long — suitable for 6 feet or shorter people. Twin XL beds are designed for one person and are typically in college and hospital dormitories.
2. Mattress Full Size
A full-size mattress is 75 inches by 54 inches and built for 1 or 2 persons. A full-size bed is suitable for combination or restless sleepers who often toss and turn at night. For teenagers and young adults, full-size mattresses are a decent option.
How to Choose a Twin mattress?
Although the mattress size is the smallest, a twin may be useful in various cases. Twin models make great beds for children, as they are usually cheap so that you do not spend too much on a mattress, which will be most likely to be replaced after a significant growth boost.
Their affordability and space-saving dimensions also make twin mattresses an excellent choice for college students who share dorm rooms or beds in your guest room.
We will cover everything you need to know about twin mattresses, including measurements, price expectations, and other significant buyer factors.
What to seek in a mattress?
Choosing the correct mattress requires a significant effort. You should look at various brands and models and see how mattresses compare with building, feeling, and price. Some mattress companies are using exaggerated and unrealistic descriptions to market their products.
This claim that their beds provide universal comfort irrespective of the form of sleeper or the usual position or that a mattress lasts forever. We advise using the following attributes and qualities to guide your quest for your new mattress.
The average mattress in twin size is between $140 and $1,000. However, price points differ considerably depending on the type of mattress. Expect to pay less for a twin-sized, all-foam, or in-house mattress, although a lot more for blends, all-latex models, and airbeds. You should expect prices for some labels to be higher.
2. Sleeping Position
People sleeping alongside themselves frequently choose softer mattresses that cushion the shoulders and the hips. This helps to balance the spine and reduce stresses. Sleepers in the back and stomachs typically need more assistance to hold their bodies even and upright.
Type of Twin mattress
Each type of mattress offers a distinct feel. All-foam beds give similar contours and slowly respond to the body. Latex beds still comply but are not as identical as all-foam ones, making the surface even more bouncy.
Both hybrid and innerspring have coils that make them feel reactive, but generally, hybrids have thicker layers of comfort, which provide more contouring. Airbeds allows owners to adjust their firmness by adding or releasing air from their support’s core chambers.
If a bed suits very precisely or scarcely, the contour must be on the surface still. It provides improved support for the lower back, hips, and other places where people bear an undue weight and a gentler cradle for the head, neck, shoulders, and legs. Beds that do not outline uniformly can cause added pressure and other distress and pain.
Some mattress materials in specific categories are related to more excellent durability and efficiency. These include high-density memory foam for exceptional contouring and pressure relief, respirable and environmentally sustainable organic latex, and a thick steel belt for bed support and edges strengthening.
You can pay more for these components mattresses, but you can get more miles and more comfort from your Bed.
Mattress firmness measured with a 1-10 scale, 10 being the firmest, and 1 being the softest, while the majority of mattresses manufactured range today from 3 to 8.
A softer mattress (1-3) conforms closer, so deeper contours and sinking can be expected. A firmer mattress (7-10) won’t fit as well, but these versions feel better. Many sleepers prefer a mid-level steadiness (4-6) with a contour balance and support.
The best pressure relief mattress for any sleeper can cushion the body and support the spinal cord without collapsing too far under more massive areas.
People are weighing less than 130 pounds frequently find that softer mattresses relieve the most pressure due to their close conformity. Those weighing over 230 pounds would usually prefer a firmer bed, which won’t sink too deeply in some places.
Edge support refers to how the core components of the support improve the perimeter against deep sinking. Coils usually have the best protection for the tip. When you go on and off most hybrids and indoors, you won’t sink too far. Foam and latex cores can not escape compression either, so possibly these models would fall a little more.
Mattresses are typically sleeping more relaxed if built with respirable materials like ventilated foam or latex, airflow-enhancing coil systems, and coverings made from natural fabrics and fibers.
People who weigh 130 pounds or more will also find that they sink less on firmer mattresses to increase surface ventilation and make temperatures more comfortable.
Sprays found in innerspring and hybrids can cause squeaks and creaks, disruptive for sleepers. This problem appears to get worse as the springs wear out over time. Foam and latex cores do not create noise, so mattresses with this specific layer’s components are typically quiet.
Who is Best Suited to a Twin Mattress?
The twin mattress – also known as a single mattress – typically measures 75 inches long and 39 inches wide. This size is better and less appropriate for some styles of sleepers. Twin beds are often too small for couples and co-sleepers, although most single sleepers enjoy enough room to travel around at night.
Due to its size, a twin mattress recommended for the following sleeper groups:
Kids and Toddlers
Twin mattresses give more than enough space for most young and growing boys. Since they will probably be extended in the years to come, buying a twin for their first large kid’s Bed can be very cost-effective.
Twins often take up less space than other mattress types, which can be useful if a child’s bedroom is on the smaller side and many bed beds are compatible with twin mattresses for room sharing.
Also Read: Best Twin Mattress for Kids
As with adolescents, teens usually experience substantial growth rates. Although the twin is too short for teenagers who are up to 6 feet 2 inches, these mattresses should provide enough space for young adults without their feet falling over the foot of their Beds.
Students of college
Many college students who share dorm rooms prefer twin beds because they are smaller and smaller, as larger stories require up floor space. Twins are also the cheapest budget choice for students. Also, several bedrooms and lofts for dorm tenants are fitted with a twin-size mattress.
If you usually sleep alone and don’t share your Bed too much with anyone else, a twin machine can provide plenty of space – unless you reach 6 feet and 2 inches in height. Twins are handy if you have a slightly small bedroom or an apartment and want to keep space.
Those with Guest rooms
Twin beds are suitable for single guests. You won’t have as much space as a folding sofa, and twin versions are typically more comfortable than futons or sofa beds.
Guarantee of the mattress and other policies
Take a look at the company’s delivery, return, and guarantee policies before buying a mattress. You will save a lot of money by selecting a model that is sponsored by favorable policies for owners.
If you order your mattress online and live in the US, you are likely to be free of charge for regular ground delivery.
Your mattress would come with at least 90 nights’ sleep trial. Many online mattress brands offer free delivery and full refunds for trial returns, but some fees for returns. Check the fine print on the reimbursement you get.
Prevalent defects covered by a mattress guarantee include body prints measuring 0.5 to 1.5 inches deep (this varies according to the model), manufacturing errors causing products to deteriorate, and cover defects prematurely. No other problems will be protected, such as regular wear and tear or physical harm caused to your mattress.
Frequenty Asked Questions
How much is a decent mattress supposed to cost?
Expect to pay from $200 to $1000 for a twin bed of decent quality. The mattress should last from 7 to 9 years and have a standard 10-year warranty.
Is a double bed equivalent to a single bed?
Twin beds and single beds are the same sizes — both 75 inches by 38 inches in size.
What is the best size bed for couples?
For couples, twin XL and full-size beds are too thin. Queen, king, or California king sizes are best for couples since both sleepers have more space to shift around — more extensive beds are perfect for hybrid sleepers that tend to toss and turn most of the night.
The majority of twin mattresses have the same versatility as a mattress of any size, the only distinction being price and size. Thanks to the fact that they are smaller, twin mattresses are cheaper, making them ideal for a tight budget and minimal living space.
As long as you remember to take into account your needs (position choice, health conditions, allergies) and constraints (space confines, budget), you’ll find a great new bed for you.
Images sourced from