Adding a firm mattress topper is a way to change the feel of an existing mattress. With varying stiffness and materials, topper thicknesses range from 1 to 4 inches. Customers should weigh their demands and preferences against the firmness, support, and pressure relief offered by various topper options before making a final decision.
This article will go over our best choices for the best firm mattress toppers and explain what sets them apart.
As you browse for a mattress, we’ll discuss some of the most important considerations and give you some advice on making it feel a little firmer.
11 Top Picks of Firm Mattress Topper
- Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- BedStory Mattress Topper
- ViscoSoft Mattress Topper
- Sealy Essentials Mattress Topper
- American Firm Conventional Foam Mattress
- Sleep on Latex Pure Green™
- Best Temperature Regulation: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR
- Best Zoned Support: LUCID Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Ultimate Dreams Talalay Latex Firm Mattress Topper
- Novilla Foam Mattress Topper
- RUUF Firm Mattress Topper
1. Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Layers that Reduce Pressure
- Mattress Topper in Green Tea Memory Foam
- 4 Inches Thick
- Queen Size Available
- Expertly Packaged
- Certified by CertiPUR-US
For those who enjoy getting a good night’s sleep, we’ve got a recipe for renewing slumber that includes natural and refreshing green tea and water. Active charcoal incorporated into memory foam.
1.5 inches of dense, durable foam containing organic components such as green tea, charcoal, and plant oil are placed under any standard or wide pocket fitted sheet in this 4-inch layer.
Reliability, performance, and content are all certified by CertiPUR US for the highest-quality foam.
When delivered, simply unpack the box and unroll the topper; the topper will re-expand its original form in just 72 hours, thanks to advanced compression technique.
It comes with a worry-free 5-year limited warranty, and the smell of fresh foam is normal and should go away in 72 hours.
- Refreshing Sleep
- Natural Ingredients
- Back Pain Relief
- Soft and Comfortable
- Quality, Inexpensive Memory Foam Topper
- The smell is the harsh chemical smell.
- Peeling begins in approximately a month.
2. BedStory Firm Mattress Topper
- Gel-Infused Cooling Toppers for the Bed
- Three-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Featuring a 2-Layer Ventilated Design
- A Removable Soft Cover
- High-Density Memory Foam
- Full in Size
This 3” mattress topper is made of gel memory foam and luxury foam, making it both soft and supportive at the same time.
With gel infusions and open-cell technology, this high-grade hotel-class bed topper allows for ideal ventilation to keep the temperature stable throughout the night.
This mattress topper is made of deep memory foam, which cradles and conforms to your body to ensure a good night’s sleep. Be prepared to wake up each day feeling revitalized and energized.
Remove the topper’s cover for easy cleaning. In addition to these hooks, the mattress topper is equipped with non-slip handles to ensure that it remains firmly in place.
The CertiPUR-US foam used in the BedStory memory latex foam topper is included. Manufacturing flaws are covered as well.
- Contouring Support
- Suitable Softness and Fitting
- Comfortable Foam Mattress Topper
- Caused Horrible Back Pain and Legs Numbness
- Not Claimed Height. Not Cooling but Hot.
3. ViscoSoft Mattress Topper
- High-Density Ventilated Topper
- 3″ Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper
- Rayon Cover
- Removable and Washable Cover
- 60-Day Money Back Guarantee
Our new gel-infused memory foam topper minimizes airflow and stored body heat. A night of more comfortable sleep is possible thanks to our breathable, vented design that transfers body heat more evenly.
Using 3-inch elevated gel-infused memory foam adjusts your spine, alleviates pressure spots, and prevents sagging. Get a good night’s sleep and save money along the way by using a mattress protector.
The topper is created to provide optimum comfort and uninterrupted slumber all night long. A relaxed, natural sleep pattern that distributes your body heat properly allows you to wake up and feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Spending money on an annual replacement topping is a waste of your money. To hold the topper in place, it has a machine-washable bamboo rayon cover with a plunge mesh and an adjustable bend.
As a major American brand, they are devoted to delivering you exceptional items that enhance your standard of living.
If you change your views, you can return your topper for a Return policy within 60 days after purchase. All ViscoSoft toppers come with a 3-year warranty against manufacture defects.
- Sleep Comfortable
- Helps Prevent Body Aches Caused by “Sinking”
- Excellent Quality and Performance
- Good Support and Density for a Heavy People
- In less than six months of use, the topper became too soft.
- One cannot be able to Sleep because of offensive Smell
4. Sealy Essentials Mattress Topper
- Sealy Mattress Topper
- 3-inch Firm Foam Mattress Topper
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam
- Multi-use Topper
- Built for Long-Lasting
Sealy is now offering a 3-inch memory foam mattress topper that adjusts to the contours of your body for the first time.
Infused with gel, this gel-infused memory foam topper provides medium-firm support, increased flexibility, and decreased heat retention as you sleep.
With this mattress topper, you can get a sufficient amount of sleep wherever you are, whether you’re renewing your bed or improving a guest room.
Founded in 1881, we have been creating sleep goods of the highest caliber since then so that you can sleep much better tonight, tomorrow, as well as every night after that.
- Extremely Relaxing
- The Mattress Topper is Fantastic.
- Provides a Sense of Security and Affordability.
- Smells Awful and is Out of Gas
- There is no Cooling at all.
5. American Firm Conventional Foam Mattress tOPPER
- Two Thickness Options
- Open-Cell Polyurethane Foam
- Extra Firm Support
- PURGreen Certification
- Made in the USA
The 2-inch solid polyurethane foam used in AmericanMade mattresses provides a luxurious night’s sleep at a reasonable price.
The AmericanMade topper is meant to respond effectively to pressure, alleviate stress, and put sleepers in a comfortable cradle.
Because of AmericanMade’s substantial support, stomach sleepers who normally need greater help in the hips to maintain their lower back straight with the majority of their body could benefit from this mattress.
These mattresses are made in the United States with eco-friendly practices in mind, resulting in a better night’s sleep for you and your family.
According to the PURGreen certification, the topper does not include any harmful chemicals, such as ozone-depleting CFCs or PBDE flame retardants, lead, or mercury.
- Ideal for those who require a mattress with a Firmer Foundation.
- Comfortable and Firm.
- A Strong Chemical Odor
- This Foam is Pointless. It lasted just a week before failing.
6. Sleep on Latex Pure Green™
- Aerated For Temperature Control
- Extra-Firm Support
- 100% Natural Latex
- 3 Thickness Levels
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
The bar has been set quite high for sleep on latex. It aims to provide its customers with the greatest latex in the globe. To offer a healthy and safe sleeping environment for its clients, this company only employs natural products and no artificial fillers.
This product is available in 1-inch, 2-inch, and 3-inch thicknesses and is compatible with all conventional mattress sizes. Because of its low price, this model is a practical choice for anyone looking for a remarkable value.
For individuals who want to sleep on a hard surface, this topper gives excellent support.
The topper is aerated with holes throughout the manufacturing process, allowing it to contour to the sleeper’s body and dissipate heat. This type of latex is known for its ability to keep you cool and responsive as you sleep.
- No odor was detectable.
- It’s dense but not heavy
- Provides Back Pain Relief
- Intense Toxic Chemical Smell akin to Rubber Tires
- Too soft and caused severe back pain.
7. Best Temperature Regulation: Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- TEMPUR-Supreme 3-inch Mattress Topper
- Multi-use Topper
- Durable and Reliable
Because it is constructed from TEMPUR material that is utilized in all mattresses, this 3-inch memory foam mattress topper adapts to your body for a more restful night’s sleep.
Customized comfort and support are provided by TEMPUR material’s temperature, weight, and form response.
Forget about allergies and dust mites with a machine-washable cover that is breathable and free of allergens.
You can use this mattress topper in your bed, as well as in your guest room, dorm room, on a plane, and more!
Innovative, patented material is developed for years of long-lasting warmth that won’t let you down compared to the average memory foam mattress topper
- Excellent Support and pressure-point Relief.
- Removable Cover that can be washable
- Memory foam is extremely Durable.
8. Best Zoned Support: LUCID Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper 2 inch
- Medium-Firm Feel
- Pressure-Point Relief
- Promotes Body Contouring and Spinal Alignment.
Popular manufacturers like Casper and Leesa are now offering zoned support mattresses. This Lucid 2′′ lavender memory foam topper is one example.
The Lucid topper features five firmness zones. The zonal design eliminates pressure points and keeps your spine upright.
Together with the memory foam topper, the zoned design can help relieve back, hip, and shoulder pain by reducing strain on joints.
It’s a medium-firm topping. It molds to your shape without becoming overly snug. It can firm up a soft mattress or offer maximum comfort to an extra-firm bed.
The lavender-scented memory foam is designed to help you relax and fall asleep faster. a pleasant but not overpowering scent
- Pressure-point relief is enhanced by zoned support.
- Inhaling the Lavender smell felt Calming.
- It has a Medium-Firm feel that is Well-balanced.
- It helps to reduce back, hip, and shoulder pain.
- Not good for people who sleep overheated.
- The scent of lavender is Long-lasting
9. Ultimate Dreams 3″ Talalay Latex Firm Mattress Topper
- Firm Mattress Topper
- 3′′ Talalay Latex Mattress
- Topping that is Extra-Firm
- Assisting in relieving stress in specific areas.
- Talalay latex offers a softer, more sculpted texture.
Natural and synthetic latex are combined to create the Ultimate Dreams Topper. It may smell like chemicals when new, but the comfort level is comparable to natural latex, which is more eco-friendly.
Between gentle and firm, you can select one of three firmness degrees. It’s best to go with the strong choice if you’re looking for a more supportive mattress topper.
You won’t sink in too far because it provides a hard layer on top of your mattress, keeping your spine in its natural position.
You can still feel the Talalay latex’s softness around your shoulders and hips despite its increased stiffness. So you won’t wake up with aching shoulders or hips thanks to this pressure alleviation.
Choose the medium level for even greater pressure relief. Know that it will dig deeper than the stiff topping. It provides good pressure point relief but lacks support for most people. Only side sleepers should use it.
The Ultimate Dreams topper is covered in bamboo. It’s silky and breathable. The bamboo fabric enhances the cooling effect of latex and wicks off sweat.
Ultimate Dream is a bit costly for a mixed latex topper. It’s about the same price as 100% natural latex. If you want a cheap latex topper, you’re out of luck.
- Pressure-relieving and comforting.
- Includes a Natural Bamboo carrying case.
- It contains Synthetic and Natural Latex, not 100% Natural Latex.
10. Novilla Foam Mattress Topper
- Queen 4 Inch Foam Mattress Topper
- Gel and Bamboo Charcoal Infused
- Medium Firm Queen Mattress Topper
- Washable Bamboo Cover
- Queen Size
- Hassle-Free Refund & Warranty
- CertiPUR-US & OEKO Certified Ensure Safety
You only need a Novilla queen mattress topper to save yourself from an uncomfortable bed. The 4-inch mattress toppers are 2-Layer. This is comprised of 1.5” cooling gel memory foam and 2.5” bamboo charcoal foam.
This mattress enhances the bounce of a standard spring mattress, reduces motion transfer, and increases mattress life. Available in multiple sizes to fit your needs.
High-density memory foam can help alleviate the pain caused by an over-dug mattress or a hard one. Those who sleep on their sides, backs, or stomachs are welcome. Temperature and overheating are kept in check by the open cells and egg crate foam.
The foam is CertiPUR-US certified, and the bamboo cover is OEKO-TEX certified. After inflating for 24 hours, the new foam fragrance will be completely eliminated.
It has a zippered bamboo mattress cover that is breathable, detachable, and machine washable without the need to adapt your bed daily, thanks to the four corner semi-elastic straps.
It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 3-year guarantee. For any queries or concerns, our experienced support team is available 24/7.
- Prevent Body Aches
- Motion Isolation and Pressure Relief
- High-quality and Comfortable Topper
- Luxurious Feeling Comfort
- Good-Density Memory Foam
- If you’re a tiny Side Sleeper, this mattress is Unsuitable for you.
- The foam quality is Horrible.
11. RUUF Firm Mattress Topper
- 3-Inch Firm Mattress Topper Queen
- High-Density Memory Foam
- Bed Topper for Pressure Relieving
- Foam Topper with Removable Cooling Cover
Luxurious and comfortable for most people, this mattress is made of CertiPUR-US certified densely packed memory foam.
Eco-friendly bamboo materials are used to create a sleeping experience that is both cool and comfortable.
This two-layer foam topper helps relieve discomfort, reduces pressure points, and promotes a healthy sleeping position by naturally supporting the body.
A slip-resistant mesh with elastic straps keeps the mattress pad in place on mattresses up to 20 inches wide.
180-nights overnight sleep trial is risk-free; there is no need to return it. Before you utilize it for the first time, give it a 48-hour expansion.
- Very Comfortable
- Pressure Relieving
- Cooling Bamboo Fabric
- This Topper is Worth Every Dollar Spent.
- 180-Night Sleep Trial
- Lung injury will occur due to Poisonous Gassy Odor
How to Firm Up a Mattress
A mattress topper is one of the simplest techniques to firm up a bed. Toppers are usually less expensive than new mattresses, and you may easily remove or replace them if your tastes change.
Buying a topper is a wonderful option, but not the only one. Other treatments can help firm your mattress.
One method is to support your mattress. Using a foundation rather than a box spring can reduce drooping. Placing plywood between both the mattress and the box spring or metal frame bed also works.
Many warranties specify the type of support your mattress should have, so check yours first to avoid accidentally voiding it.
If you have a memory foam mattress, you can lower the temperature to make it firmer by doing so.
Simply flipping over a two-sided mattress can make it feel firmer. Like rotating the head to the foot every few months, this can help prevent soft areas and balance the wear.
What To Look For
Before investing in a mattress topper, a buyer should take some considerations into account. Among them are:
Foam mattress toppers, which can generate heat, may not be the best choice for someone who wakes up sweating in the middle of the night.
Mattress toppers can provide additional support and alleviate pressure areas for those who need it.
Consider using natural latex instead of petroleum-based foams, which tend to wear out more quickly than natural latex.
You can choose from a variety of thicknesses for mattress toppers. It’s common knowledge that a thicker mattress topper provides a plusher sleeping experience.
Medium-firm mattresses are best for side sleepers, whereas the back and front sleepers prefer medium-firm mattresses. Firmness is subjective; therefore, people should get the mattress topper that provides the support they need.
High-quality products may cost more upfront, but they may last longer in the long run.
When purchasing a mattress topper, it’s a good idea to look for one that can be removed and washed.
These mattress toppers, in our opinion, are the best on the market right now. Each product has the same quality, regardless of the price. We strongly encourage you to contact the manufacturers if you have any questions or issues about the tops.
Some companies are offering monthly payments for their toppers to make the products more affordable for their clients. You can also find these toppers on sale, at a discount, or through the official shops of the companies.
Also Read: The 11 Best Mattress Pads of 2021
“This article contains affiliate links, which means that Best Mattress Advisor will be compensated if you buy something after clicking on one of the links. Read full disclosure statement.”