If your mattress has become too soft, or if you simply want more cushion and support, the best soft mattress topper may make a huge difference in how you sleep at night.
You may improve your sleeping patterns by using the correct mattress topper, which can help alleviate pressure points, keep you cool, and make your bed either firmer or softer, depending on your taste.
Put it on top of your current mattress and enjoy the benefits immediately. Want to know how to start figuring out which mattress topper is ideal for you?
A lot of work and effort has gone into finding the greatest mattress toppers, and we’ve taken into account all of their qualities so that you can choose the ideal design for your personal needs.
The varied versions of several other toppers on this list are wonderful for increasing support or cushioning. Still, if your bed has begun to droop permanently, you should go directly to our great selection of the best soft mattress topper.
List of 14 Best Soft Mattress Toppers
- LUCID Ultra Plush Mattress Topper
- Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer Topper
- Linenspa Mattress Topper
- Tuft & Needle Mattress Topper
- The Duck and Goose Co Overfilled Plush
- COONP Extra-Thick Pillowtop Cooling Mattress Topper
- Tempur-Pedic Supreme
- Best Price Mattress Memory-Foam Mattress Topper
- ViscoSoft Select High-Density Mattress Topper
- Pure Green Latex Mattress Topper
- Sleep & Beyond Organic Merino Wool Topper
- PERLECARE 3 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- ELEMUSE King Cooling Mattress Topper
- Subrtex Gel-Infused Memory Foam Bed Mattress Topper
1. LUCID Ultra Plush Mattress Topper
- Mattress Topper 3″ Down Alternative Fiber
- Comfortable and Hypoallergenic Pillow Top
- Queen Size
- Breathable Cotton Percale Cover
Down-like comfort without the scents, allergens, or sharp quills that typically accompany. It can be found in 3-inches of hypoallergenic down replacement filling.
Soft and breathable percale covers the topper in luxurious and long-lasting packaging, with a 250-thread count. These garments are easily washable and drier safe (on low heat).
Stitching on the baffle box keeps the fill evenly distributed and prevents it from shifting or clustering in one location, which helps to retain loft and increase breathability.
Secure Strap elastic bands are placed on each corner of the mattress, preventing moving and ensuring consistent comfort while you sleep. –
To increase the quantity of air in the down alternate, either fluff it by placing it in the dryer on low. This will improve the loft and comfort.
- With this topper, you’ll have a Great Night’s Sleep.
- Transformed Hard Bed into a Cloud of Bliss.
- Soothe! The Foam Allergy issue was Resolved.
- Hot and Clumpy.
- The Mattress Topper is Nice, but it’s too hot to sleep.
2. Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer
- Mattress Topper with Gel Memory Foam
- Enhanced Support
- 10-Year Warranty
- Made in the USA
- CertiPUR-US Certified
Two inches of plush fiberfill cover the soft quilted pillow top of this opulent mattress topper, topped with 2 inches of cooling gel memory foam.
A 2-inch pillow top cover on this gel foam mattress topper can be removed, cleaned, and stretched to fit your bed like a top sheet.
Relieve pressure points and get better sleep at night with a selection from both memory foam and gel memory foam mattress toppers, as well as dual-layer and pillow-top models.
Mattresses, toppers, and pillows from their hypoallergenic memory foam mattresses can help you sleep soundly.
They developed the first memory foam mattress in a box, and they are always looking for new ways to improve therapeutic foams and fabrics so that you can have the best night’s sleep possible.
- Dedicated to a Good Night’s Rest
- It’s cozy here! It’s as though you’re floating on air.
- Keeping your mattress in good condition
- Beware! You can’t wash the white-fitting hooded top.
- A Mattress with Trapped Moisture and Mold.
3. Linenspa Mattress Topper
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 2 Inch Gel Infusion Memory Foam
- Queen Sized
- 3-year Limited Warranty
You’ll get an ultra-plush memory foam mattress that molds to your body while you sleep. Gel beads that trap and dissipate heat help keep the skin from overheating.
Memory foam is a great option for relieving trigger points and straightening the spine. The 3-inch topper is the most popular since it hugs your body better than the 2-inch topper.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective way to strengthen an old mattress, soften a hard bed, or extend the life of your current mattress, this is the best option.
- This is a great technique to improve the comfort of a low-cost mattress!
- It’s perfect for a mattress that’s too hard.
- Comfort Enhancement in a Flash
- The topper’s quality is quite low.
- Asthma Attacks Due to Mildew Smell
4. Tuft & Needle Mattress Topper
- Supportive Adaptive Foam Mattress Topper
- 2 Inch Queen Breathable Topper
- Comfortable Cover
- Responsive Foam
- Relieve Pressure
- Free of Harmful Chemicals
- Certified by CertiPUR-US
Their luxurious knit cover is hypoallergenic and prevents your sheets from clumping as you sleep. It can’t move around much because of the non-skid bottom.
You won’t sink into their responsive foam so that you can sleep cool all night long. Breathable and supportive open cell foam is the foundation of their products.
This incredibly soft topper is great for relieving pressure areas on the hips and shoulders. They designed this mattress topper to work with a wide range of mattresses, not just their Tuft & Needle model.
Their toppers are Certified Greenguard Gold and CertiPUR-US and go the extra mile to ensure their safety. This suggests that a third-party testing agency has extensively examined and certified that their mattress toppers are free of harmful chemicals, substances, or materials.
Spot cleaning is the only option since it cannot be washed. A 30-day return policy backed by their 3-year limited warranty.
- After just two weeks, my shoulder ache was completely gone!
- For side sleepers, this is a must-have.
- Satisfied and Impressed
- It smells strong and doesn’t soften the bed.
- Bunches up in the cover and does not stay in place.
5. The Duck and Goose Co Overfilled Plush Mattress Topper
- Queen Size Plush Mattress Topper
- Extra Thick Overfilled Mattress Topper
- Mattress Pillowtop Bed Topper Overfilled
This mattress topper is filled with 1400GSM ultra-soft down-alternative gel-fiber, which provides the best support for your spine while you sleep. A firm latex or memory foam mattress will benefit greatly from the addition of this mattress topper.
This is an excellent option for those allergic to the odor and heat generated by traditional feather-down mattress toppers or memory foam mattress toppers. This RV Queen Size Mattress Topper has an alternative down stuffing and skin-friendly soft fabric.
A secure fit is ensured by stitching, anchor bands, and mattress depths ranging from 6″ to 22″.
To get the best results, tumble dry the fibers over low heat before using. To keep your topper safe, place a mattress protector over it and cover it with a fitted sheet. Use a front-loading machine instead of a top-loading one since agitators destroy fibers.
Note: Wash your clothes twice a year in an ultra-wide machine on the cold cycle
- Extra-thick Mattress Topper
- Topper for Memory Foam and Feather Down Mattress
- Easy care Convenience
- Flattens in three weeks if it retains heat.
- The mattress squished, causing back pain.
6. COONP Extra-Thick Pillowtop Cooling Mattress Topper
- Topper for the COONP Queen Mattress
- An 8-21-Inch-Deep Pocket
- 3D Snow Down Alternative Fill
- An Extra Thick Pillowtop.
- 400TC Cotton Top Protector
- Comfortable Mattress Pads
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
This overstuffed pillow-top bedding topper will improve your sleep. As a result of its 3D snow-down alternative fill, you may sleep quietly and wake up without backache. For those who sleep on their side, back or stomach, this mattress is ideal. When you wake up the next morning, you’ll notice the difference.
The 400TC woven top surface provides effective circulation and transfers heat to maintain a stable temperature. It’ll help you stay dry and cool by drawing sweat away from your skin. Make your memory foam mattress or mattress topper less heated.
Memory foam toppers and pricey mattresses can’t be cleaned of stains or sweat. It will come out bouncy and clean, following a thorough wash and dry in a professional washer—no need for dry cleaning.
Throw it in the dryer for several minutes for fluffier results. Do not hesitate to get in touch with the company if you have any problems with your purchase.
- Extra Thick and luxury Comfort
- Cool and Breathable
- Sustainable and Economical.
- Elastic Deep Pocket
- Machine Washable and Easy Care
- Putting it plainly, this was a disappointment.
- Overpriced, Poor Quality Mattress.
Also Read: 11 Best Cooling Mattress Topper in 2021
7. Tempur-Pedic Supreme
- TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Mattress Topper
- Queen Sized
- Medium Level of Firmness
You may get a better night’s sleep thanks to this 3-inch memory foam mattress topper, which is constructed with the TEMPUR substance we utilize in our mattresses.
To provide accurate, tailored support and comfort, TEMPUR material adjusts to your body’s warmth, weight, shape, and size, as well as shape and size.
Forget about allergies and dust mites with a machine-washable cover that is breathable.
You can use this mattress topper in your bed, as well as in your guest room, dorm room, on a plane, and more!
A memory foam mattress topper made with our revolutionary, patented substance is built to last for years of long-lasting support that won’t disappoint.
- Adapts to your Body
- Washable Cover
- Multi-use Topper
- Durable and Reliable
- It deteriorated quickly, losing its elasticity.
- This is Worthlessly soft.
8. Best Price Mattress Memory-Foam Mattress Topper
- Calming Green Tea
- 4 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- CertiPUR-US Certified
- Queen Size
- 3-year Warranty
Comfortable memory foam conforms to the shape of your body; responsive active suspension isolates movement, ensuring that your sleep partner won’t be disturbed; and a zippered polyester mesh cover is included—more restorative sleep.
The foam is 2.5 inches thick and features 1.5 inches of memory foam.
There were a hundred and one nights. A complete refund can be requested within the first 100 days after obtaining this mattress if you are not happy.
This 4-inch topper is, in fact, reasonably priced, but it comes equipped with features that rival those seen on much more expensive models. Savy’s design has two layers of foam, and it doesn’t compromise support for softness.
Green tea essence has been integrated into the top layer to aid in the creation of a more tranquil environment for bedtime.
- Risk-free trial
- Foam-filled comforter for ultimate relaxation.
- Comfortable and inexpensive!
- Just the proper amount of softness
- This is a substandard product.
- The ability to be easily distorted
Also Read: 10 Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
9. ViscoSoft Select High-Density
- Removable Bamboo Cover
- High-Density Ventilated Mattress Pad
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper 3 inch
- Rayon Cover
This innovative gel-infused memory foam topper maximizes air movement and reduces body heat. Their airy, vented design effectively distributes body heat for better sleep.
Memory foam infused with three inches of high-density foam aligns your spine, relieves pressure, and prevents foam sinkage. A mattress that lasts a long time and saves you money is a win-win situation.
Their mattress topper is designed to ensure a restful night’s sleep. A permeable mattress topper alleviates pain, reduces pressure points, and encourages a more natural sleeping position.
Don’t waste your money on a new topper every year. Because of its machine-washable bamboo-rayon cushion, our topper is more convenient to use than other types.
As a major American brand, they are committed to providing exceptional items that enhance your quality of life. You can return your topper within 60 days after buying it for a full refund.
All ViscoSoft toppers come with a 3-year warranty against manufacture defects.
- Sleep Comfortable
- Sinkage-Related Muscle and Joint Pain
- Includes a Washable and Removable Cover
- 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Can’t Sleep on it- The Smell is Offensive.
- Using the topper for less than a year resulted in its decomposition.
- Extremely flimsy and lacking in any kind of structural integrity
10. Pure Green Latex Mattress Topper
- 2 Inch Firmness Latex Mattress Topper
- Natural Latex Mattress
- 100 % Pure Natural Green Latex
- Gold Certified Organic
- Queen Size
It’s not uncommon for latex mattress toppers to be expensive, and the price can go up dramatically if they’re thicker, natural latex, and paired with an expensive cover. Pure Green’s low price is the primary reason I’m mentioning it here.
The three-inch latex topper is less expensive than other kinds. A one- or two-inch variant is also available that will lower the price even further. It costs roughly $100 for a 1-inch twin and $175 for a 1-inch California king.
They also come in soft, medium, and firm varieties, allowing you to choose the best suits your needs. A medium or firm mattress may be more appropriate for those who sleep primarily on their back.
- A Temperature-Neutral, Breathable Sleeping Surface.
- This Product is Available in various Firmness levels to meet your needs.
- One, two, and three-inch bed thicknesses are offered.
- After nearly three months, the Smell of Rubber remains Unbearable.
- A Ruptured disk, Back pain, Headache, and Vomiting were all felt.
11. Sleep & Beyond Organic Merino Wool Topper
- 60 by 80-Inch Washable Wool Mattress Topper
- inside fill is organic merino wool
- the exterior encasement is 100% organic cotton.
- Queen, Natural
Wool is an excellent alternative if you aren’t a fan of synthetic materials like memory foam or polyester.
The Sleep & Beyond mattress topper features a certified organic jacquard encasement and organic merino wool filling.
Consequently, you get a luxury feel, massive support for your mattress, and excellent temperature control in the different seasons.
Add some extra body comfort and support without making your mattress overly thick with a wool mattress pad of this size and weight. Because it doesn’t get too hot in the summer, it may be used all year round, unlike memory foam.
If you’re looking to improve your sleep and sleeping surface, this is a high-quality topper constructed with natural materials.
- It’s long-lasting, and the breathable fabrics
- Firm yet comfortable support for your body.
- The breathable fabrics will help you stay cool.
- Hypoallergenic, mildew, and dust mite resistant.
- Take it out of the box, and it’s badly manufactured.
- This product has a very strong chemical smell.
12. PERLECARE 3-inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Full Mattress Topper
- Non-slip design
- Removable and machine washable cover
- CertiPUR-US certified
Typically, a mattress lasts between 7 and 10 years, according to a survey. An inexpensive mattress topper can help alleviate some of the discomforts of an aging bed without the need for a full mattress replacement.
Adding a 3-inch mattress topper to a new mattress can soften the surface and provide additional support. The breathable mattress topper helps alleviate pressure points, regulate body temperature, and improve sleep quality.
This CertiPUR-US certified 3-inch gel memory foam perforated mattress topper is hypoallergenic as well as comfortable. The outside fabric is 30% MMP and 70% polyester. It’s durable, safe, and skin-friendly.
It has a non-slip mesh material bottom and four adjustable straps that keep the mattress topper firmly attached to the mattress. When choosing a non-slip design, you won’t have to readjust your bed the following day continually.
When the cover and zipper of this mattress topper can be machine-washed, it will keep the topper clean and extend its useful life, which lowers waste. The product comes with a three-year warranty.
- Extend Mattress Life
- Increase Softness and Comfort
- CertiPUR-US Certified Standard
- Machine Washable Cover
- The cover destroys the topper
- Painful and excruciatingly difficult to bear.
13. ELEMUSE King Cooling Mattress Topper
- Back Pain Mattress Topper
- Extra Thick Mattress Pad Covering
- Elastic Deep Pocket Plush Soft Pillowtop
- Overfilled Down Alternative Filling
Microfiber fabric is soft, breathable, and comfy. It’s also strong enough to withstand numerous washes. A double layer of 3D snow down substitute filling makes it extra fluffy, velvety, and toasty. The materials are clean, which assists people with sensitive skin.
The ELEMUSE mattress topper is wide and supportive of your hips, shoulders, back, and knees. Because it doesn’t retain heat like memory foam, it keeps you cooler at night. With a cooling mattress cover, you might get a better night’s sleep.
The 8”-21” elastic deep pocket will entirely envelop your mattress, allowing you to toss and turn easily. The innovative box sewing design leaves pockets for stuffing. Bed skirts and knitting patterns are trendy.
ELEMUSE strives to deliver excellent customer service. ELEMUSE service team will always respond quickly and resolve issues. You’ll get exceptional items and service here. Buy one for yourself or a loved one. You all deserve a wonderfully comfy mattress topper.
- Premium Material and Soft Filling
- Ultra-Thick and Maxi Comfort
- Deep Pocket and Box Sewing Pattern
- Machine Washable and Easy Care
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- It doesn’t help your firm bed.
- Do not recover from back pain.
14. Subrtex Gel-Infused Memory Foam Bed Mattress Topper
- Removable Fitted Bamboo Cover
- High-Density Cooling Pad
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Removable Cooling Pad
- 10 Year Warranty (King)
The new Subrtex 2 “Using 3.5-pound density memory foam, the ventilated mattress topper enhances airflow and reduces stored body heat, eliminating motion transfer and relieving your body of tension.
Skin-friendly knitted fabric and adjustable elastic straps allow the bamboo rayon cover to fit mattresses up to 12 inches deep “Zipper for easy removal and cleaning is made of mesh fabric with mesh fabric backing to prevent sliding.
CertiPUR-US and OEKO-TEX have certified our memory foam mattress topper for its durability, performance, and composition. Formaldehyde-free and phthalate-free products.
Make sure that the memory foam is completely inflated before using it for the first time. It may take longer if the temperature is lower than 78 degrees Fahrenheit.
They are confident in the quality of their mattress topper, and they want you to feel secure in your decision to buy it from them. Please get in touch with the company during the first ten years of your purchase if you have any concerns.
- Inner Memory Foam
- Removable and Washable Cover
- Healthier Sleep Environment
- Advanced Shipping
- Gel Becomes Soft, Spongy, and Shapeless in Months
- A Poor Back and Hips won’t benefit from it.
Methods for Picking out a Soft Mattress Topper
A mattress topper is thin to a medium-thick layer of material placed on top of your existing mattress. The stiffness of your sleeping surface can be adjusted with the aid of this bed linen.
Adding a soft mattress topper to your current mattress provides an extra degree of comfort. Mattress toppers come in all shapes and sizes, and this guide will help you find the right one for your sleep needs.
What to Look for in a Soft Mattress Topper
Choosing a new mattress topper might be a daunting task if you don’t know what to look for. When describing their products, bedding businesses often resort to jargon that isn’t always accurate. Confusion can result, and customers may lose focus on the most critical considerations as a result.
You can’t buy a mattress topper that fits everyone because everyone has different needs and preferences. Most purchasers will wish to consider numerous factors before purchasing a product.
We’ll break down criteria like price, stiffness, and material quality to help you find what you need.
Mattress topper purchases are often less expensive than purchasing a new mattress. Determine how much money you have to work with before narrowing down your options.
The cost of a mattress topper can vary widely, depending on the topper’s materials and structure, but soft topper options are widely available.
The position you sleep in is one of the most significant considerations when purchasing a mattress topper, even though it is often disregarded. Soft topper?
You may believe so, but your sleep type will still dictate how soft you need your mattress to be. The firmness of your present mattress is also something to bear in mind.
Because of the extra pressure on the shoulders and hips, side sleepers often prefer a softer, more contoured sleep surface. Back sleepers want a medium-hard surface, whereas stomach sleepers need a solid surface to properly align their hips and spine.
Choosing the right materials for a topper can have a big impact on its softness and performance. Pillow-tops with high materials like down, feathers, or polyester microfiber fill tend to be the most comfortable.
A soft topper’s durability can be improved by using high-quality fill and structure.
Memory foam and polyfoam toppers are often used when alleviating stress on the hips and shoulders. Memory foam toppers have deeper contouring than latex toppers, although latex toppers are more durable.
A cooling mattress topper may be a good option if you sleep hot. Because soft mattress toppers tend to mold to the body, they can impede ventilation. Memory foam is prone to heat accumulation.
This can be countered by foam mattress toppers infused with gel or phase change materials. Your body temperature may be regulated during the night by natural materials like latex and wool.
A mattress topper’s firmness is mostly a matter of personal preference. In contrast, if your present mattress is excessively hard and doesn’t have any contouring or sinkage, a soft mattress topper is likely to help.
For a more comfortable night’s sleep, go for a topper-rated smooth (2 to 3) or medium-soft (4).
The thickness of mattress toppers ranges from 1 to 4 inches. Adding a thicker mattress topper will have a greater impact on how your current mattress feels.
Sleepers can benefit from some more padding without dramatically changing the feel of their present mattress with a thinner mattress topper.
Toppers with a thicker density allow sleepers looking for a more meaningful adjustment in their sleep surface to make the most of their investment.
When it comes to alleviating strain in places like the hips and shoulders, a mattress topper’s ability to cradle your body’s curves is referred to as pressure relief. Latex and polyfoam mattress toppers are also worth a look, although memory foam is the most popular.
FAQs About Soft Mattress Toppers
What is a plush mattress topper, and how does it work?
When it comes to firmness, a plush mattress topper is usually between a soft (2) and a medium soft (3).
If a mattress topper is plusher or more delicate than the rest of the mattress, it will make you feel like you’re sinking into the bed. This can soften up an ordinarily hard mattress.
What is a pillow-top mattress topper, and how does it work?
Mattress toppers with a pillow-top design are soft and feature a gusseted construction. Down, feathers, or polyester microfiber are common materials in this type of topper. Adding a loft to your mattress provides a pillow-like feel to your sleep surface.
How can you determine which sorts of mattress toppers are the softest?
Pillow-top mattresses are the softest. But memory foam and polyfoam can be smoothed. Fillings with a high sleep area like down or down replacements. This loft feels like a bed.
Foam-based mattress toppers are soft and provide good pressure relief, unlike pillow-top mattress toppers. The stiffness of foam toppers varies, but they all soften the sleep surface.
Is it possible to remedy a bed that seems overly firm with a mattress topper?
Mattress toppers are an inexpensive solution to soften your sleep surface if you feel your present mattress to be excessively stiff.
The thickness of a mattress topper ranges from 1 to 4 inches, allowing you to change the hardness of your current mattress. It is possible to make your mattress feel less firm by adding a soft mattress topper.
Adding a mattress topper to your bed is a simple and cost-effective approach to increase the quality of your sleep. A mattress topper can breathe new life into an old mattress, soften it, or provide improved support for your back or pain areas.
Above, you’ll find a variety of soft mattress toppers that are designed to improve your sleep and your bed.
“This article contains affiliate links, which means that Best Mattress Advisor will be compensated if you buy something after clicking on one of the links. Read full disclosure statement.”